Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Completed Felting Projects

I learned how to felt crocheted items this summer. Love Patons Classic Merino and Knitpicks wool yarns (Wool of the Andes and Merino Style)! They're really affordable too.

The first project, I adapted from a large messenger bag pattern in Hip to Crochet. Instead of having raw edges on the outside I turned them inward. The bag measures about 8.5" x 11" x 2.5" with a strap long enough to wear across the body. Gave it to my friend Scott for his b-day. He loves it. We all call it a "man-purse."

Materials: Patons Class Merino (worsted), 2 balls Royal Purple, 1 ball Leaf Green, 1 ball Grey Mix, and 1 ball Aran. Also tossed in some leftovers: Knitpicks Merino Style (DK) in Cream and in Storm.

Made another man-purse exclusively with Knitpicks Merino Style for my spouse, will post the picture later.



This one I made for myself. It's about 13" wide and 11" tall. Long straps. Stuff tends to get lost in it so I need to make a lining with pockets.

My own improvised design, with three pieces sewn together. The bottom of the bag is a long oval crocheted in the round. The two sides have with tapered shoulder straps. Mostly single crochet, except the diamond effect with 5-dc shells. I wound up with small gaps between shells, though the bag is perfectly functional.

Materials: Patons Classic Merino, 2 balls Leaf Green, 1 ball Royal Purple, and 1 ball Aran (actually, leftovers from the previous bag).

No comments: